In our modern living conditions millions of people, of all genders, suffer from hair loss. Those who experience this as a problem, look for a solution and usually end up exploring the possibilities for hair transplantation. Since hair transplantation is a medical procedure and it involves surgery, it is essential to be informed about the precautions that should be taken before hair transplantation.
Table of content
Detailed Examination Before Hair Transplantation
When you decide to have a hair transplantation, it will be useful to carry out a detailed examination with your plastic surgeon. During the examination, hair analysis is performed. The donor area and the bald area are identified. Number of grafts can be calculated.
In the detailed examination, the structure of the hair follicles and the thickness of the hair are analyzed.
Also, it is important to determine the hairline. The hairline is determined by considering the patient’s face shape, previous hairline, the rate of hair loss, and the head structure of the patient.
During the detailed examination, the patient’s health condition should be checked.
Things to Consider Before Hair Transplantation
We can list the things to be considered before hair transplantation as follows;
- The use of blood thinners (aspirin, aspirin, etc.) should be stopped ten days in advance.
- Green tea, lemon, ginger, etc., which have blood-thinning effects, should be avoided for a week.
- Alcohol use should be stopped ten days before the procedure.
- Smoking is harmful to health, and it decreases the quality of the procedure. Smoking should be stopped and should not be smoked after the procedure.
- Beverage consumption with caffeine should be stopped on the day of operation and a few days before.
- Chemical products such as lotion, jelly and conditioner should not be applied to the hair.
- Patients should definitely tell the plastic surgeon about their health status.
- Wash your hair on the day of the operation.
- On the day of the operation, it will be more convenient to wear shirt-style clothes with front buttons.
- Since the operation will take place under local anesthesia, it is okay to have breakfast or eat before you arrive.