FUE Hair Transplant
Hair transplantation is the only current solution for baldness. It is a minimally invasive procedure that allows patients to regain their self-esteem and look younger.
In Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) method, hair follicles in the donor area are removed without sutures thanks to the surgical equipment of 07-09 mm.
In this way, after the FUE operation, a natural result also at the donor area is obtained.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) is considered a relatively long procedure compared to other Hair Transplantation techniques.
During the FUE Operation, the Plastic Surgeon, his team and you are required to spend much more time.
The pain level after Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) will be extremely low compared to other surgical techniques.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) Specialist Plastic Surgeon's FUE operation experience is the most important criterion for the success of the operation.
FUE Hair Transplant (15 days before the operation)
If you are taking any blood thinners or beta-blockers, you should share this information with your doctor as soon as possible.
Never cut your hair in two weeks before the procedure.
FUE Hair Transplant (7 days before the operation)
Before the FUE Hair Transplant Operation, which is a minimally invasive procedure, you should stop taking vitamins B or E, which may increase the amount of possible bleeding.
You can continue these vitamins within three to five days after the operation. You should not take aspirin or any other anti-inflammatory medication for 7 days before the operation. Drugs can be used after three to five days after the operation.
You are using regularly; heart and blood pressure medications, you can continue to take your daily routine.
It would be a good decision to quit smoking at least 2 months before the operation and not start during 6 months after the operation because it affects the healing phase negatively.
FUE Hair Transplant (Operation Day)
Take a shower on the morning of the operation and wash your hair as usual with your daily shampoo. Do not apply spray, gel, or any other styling product to your hair. Wear casual everyday clothes instead of the clothes you will have to wear over your head. It is preferred that you do not use cologne or perfume on the day of operation. You can have a light breakfast or lunch, depending on your operation time. Reduce your daily coffee consumption. High caffeine consumption can increase bleeding and sensitivity. On the day of the operation, do not bring your valuables into the operating room.
What is FUE Hair Transplant Details ?
- Your Plastic surgeon will do a detailed examination to finalize your new hair design and answer any questions you may still have.
- For planning and to follow up, before and after pictures will be taken.
- After the transition to the Operation Room, first, sedative anesthesia will be applied.
- You will need to lie face down in a comfortable medical chair where you can breathe easily.
- After local anesthesia in your head region, it is expected that anesthesia will take effect in 10 – 15 minutes.
- Your hair follicles will be removed one by one with micro surgery equipments with a diameter of 0.6mm-0.9mm.
- At this point, the diameter of the equipment to be used will vary depending on whether the hair follicle groups to be taken are single-double-triple.
- Simultaneously, the procedure called graft dissection begins to be performed by two or three nurses under the microscope.
- After three to four hours, the planned number of grafts will be controlled. This period; It varies according to the amount of grafts, hair type and skin characteristics.
- 30 minutes after the lunch break, phase 2 of the procedure begins: new channels will be opened to accommodate the collected grafts.
- The collected grafts will be placed under the microscope to the new channels.
- At the end of 7-8 hours of operation, the recipient and donor area is finally checked.
- Post-Op interview after the end of the operation will be done. During this interview, post-operative instructions will be explained and you will be given a written copy to take with you.
- In addition to the instructions, this file will contain the telephone number that you can reach 7/24 hours in case of need.
- In addition to the file, your medication will be prescribed.
- Finally, a tennis band covering the top of the dressing area will be worn on your head.
FUE Hair Transplant (after the operation)
- Medications will help you to have a comfortable healing phase.
- In the morning following your hair transplant surgery, you are invited for a hair wash in our clinic.
- During this application, you will be told how to wash and dry your hair and head for the next 9-10 hours.
- It is recommended that no cigarette consumption during the six months following your hair transplant operation and even quit.
- After 10th day, it is possible to shape the hair with scissors. It is recommended to use scissors for 1 year in your hair shaves.
- If you need it after six weeks, you can dye your hair.
- You should protect your head from strong sunlight for the first six weeks.
- You can start your daily exercises as of the second week.
FUE Hair Transplant FAQ
Of course, there are some precaution and preparation we need to do before the hair transplantation surgery. They are as general as in the other any kind of surgical interventions.
1-Stop taking any medication thins the blood such as aspirin, coraspin, plavix…etc at least 7 days before the surgery
2-Do not take alcohol 2-3 days before and after the surgery
3-Quite smoking at least 2 months before the surgery and do not start it again 6 months after the surgery
4-Start to use hair loss medications, such as minoxidil, finasteride, and medical shampoo
5-Do a healthy diet in terms of taking A, B2, B7, B12, C, E vitamins, folic acid, iron, and zinc which exist specially in green leave herbals, sea foods and orange.
The most important thing after the surgery you need to know and do, is maximum attention and care for your grafts. To do that;
First for 48 hours, yo don’t wash your scalp area
During the sleeping, you should be in your back, to do that you can use fly pillows, since any touching of your transplanted side to the pillow can cause graft loss.
Between second day to 10th day, transplanted hairs will scab, do not try to remove these scabs because it will cause graft loss again. These scabs will drop their self at your 2nd week.
How about the care of the donor side, antibiotic and steroid ointments will be applied twice a day for one week to have an optimum wound healing.
So, as you see first 2 weeks is the most important period, in that time you give maximum attention to protect your grafts, you don t itch them, you don’t touch them, you do not do any sport. For your comfort, we will be giving you some medications, don’t worry. After that critic period, you can go for your normal life.
As in all the other medical application, there is a success rate. It is up to personal healing mechanism and capacity, the severity of baldness situation, surgical technique and the experience of the surgical team. In literature, the reported success rate is changing between 70% to 90%. We are honored to say that the success rate is over 95 percent for hair transplantation in our clinic, according to our experience more than 1000 patients.As in all the other medical application, there is a success rate. It is up to personal healing mechanism and capacity, the severity of baldness situation, surgical technique and the experience of the surgical team. In literature, the reported success rate is changing between 70% to 90%. We are honored to say that the success rate is over 95 percent for hair transplantation in our clinic, according to our experience more than 1000 patients.
Hair transplantation surgery is used to restore hair loss. Hair loss can be occurred from many of reasons such as genetics, emotional factors, vitamin deficiency or hormonal factors. But the most frequent and unavoidable one is genetic factors. That situation is shown with high hair line and has hair loss specially in frontal area. Since back and sides of the scalp is protected, hair transplantation is employed from that healthy sides. Recently, scientific studies demonstrated that back and side part of the scalp are not affected from hair loss since genetic factors, and this is because the receptor differences between the androgenic hormones and hair cells.
That is why, when we transfer the hair Follicles from back and sides to the frontal area works well and is able to treat that health issue.
In the other reasons such as mineral and vitamins deficits, hormonal imbalance or skin disorders, the hair loss will be not limited to the frontal view but also will be in the other parts of the scalp.
So, the diagnosis is so important to have a successful treatment of the hair loss.
To do that, examination by an experienced surgeon and needed blood analysis should be employed.
It depends upon your donor area, hair loss situation, and health situation. In an efficient hair restoration session, as much as 5000 hair follicle can be transferred in experienced hands. Try to more, is going to be risky and cause to be failed, because it will take more than 7-8 hours and during that period you need to be numb by local injection which will reached to the over limit in the blood level and can be toxic, another reason, more graft can be caused to thinning and sparseness in the donor side. Thus, after the examination and hair count, if the patient needs more than 5000 follicles, a second session should be planned to achieve the aesthetic goals.
3 week later, all implanted hairs will start to be dropped. Do not panic! Because they will turn to the telogen phase from anagen, which means resting phase. After telomeric phase which takes 6 months, they will start to grow again. Since a normal healthy hair follicle grows 1 cm per month, 3-4 months more requires to see the closing of the bald areas. So, you can be able to see your final result between 9 months to 12 months after hair transplantation surgery.
Although when you search a little bit, doctor google suggests so many vary techniques, in fact there are just 2 technique in hair transplantation.
- First is FUT (follicular unit transplantation)
- Second is FUE (follicular unit extraction)
The other techniques you see in google search, such as safir hair transplantation or DHI (direct hair implantation) or micro motor… etc are not a hair transplantation technique, they are just a way to do one of the four steps of hair transplantation, as channel opening or implantation of the hair follicle.
Ok, lets back to the techniques.
Number 1- and first found, the mother technique is FUT technique, and the application of this technique started more than 50 years ago. Basically, in this technique, a hair strip is removed, separated to the follicles under the microscopic view, and then the follicles are implanted to the area of bald skin after the channels are created. The main disadvantages of this technique is linear scarring in the donor side which is the occipital area.
Number 2 – and currently often frequently used technique is FUE technique, and the application of that technique has started 30 years ago as a standart technique. basically, in this technique, hair follicles are harvested one by one with a micro motor or puncher from the occipital area which is never effected from androgenic alopecia, and then these follicles are implanted to the area of the bald skin by using a forseps or an implanter pen which is much better and less traumatic.
This technique provides high number graft, natural result, fast recovery and minimal scarring. That is why, in our clinic, we used fue technique with utilizing the implanter pen and micro motor technology to make it perfect.
Luxury Hair Transplant
We offer you a VIP service for luxurious hair transplant in Istanbul. Our VIP services includes accommodation in 5-stars hotels, private tours, 7/24 assistance and more.
Private İstanbul tours
Tour in Cappadocia
We can help you with a professional hair transplant analysis..
Address: Teşvikiye Mah. Hakkı Yeten Cad. No:11,Terrace Fulya Center 1, Daire:97, Şişli – Istanbul / TURKEY
Phone: +90 543 456 3693